I.S.P.F. 2nd Open Day
Walter Kelly's Gardens,
Saturday 2nd June 2012
Starts at 11am, Admission €5 to Walter's Award Winning Gardens.
Sellers are I.S.P.F. Members only but it is open to everyone in the public to buy.
All birds must be off heat and no birds under 8 weeks allowed.
A great day out for all the family!
Fancy Fowl Magazine
The I.S.P.F. National Show has made it into Fancy Fowl magazine in the UK! Also the front cover photo is of the Show Champion, a Dark Indian Game bantam cock owned by the McGovern's. Well done to Damien McAuliffe too as all the photos in the article were taken by him on the day.
Pick up a copy of May's issue of Fancy Fowl Magazine from your local Easons store. Visitwww.fancyfowl.com to order direct.
The Secret Chicken Society
On the 'Documentary on One' series on RTÉ Radio 1 reticently, they followed 2 of our members Jenny and Willie O'Meara as they prepared their Cochins for the National Show last February. A good insight into the preparation of poultry for a show.
Here is a link if you would like to listen to the program:
National Show Grand Raffle
Here are the winners of the Grand Raffle held at the National Show on Saturday the 18th of February 2012.
The President of the Irish Society of Poultry Fanciers would like to say a big thank you to all the hard working committee for organising our National Show on Saturday the 18th of February. We had a very successful day. Our greatful thanks to our sponsors Fancy Feeds, MacEoins, Woodies, LK Poultry Supplies, Hunters Lodge Living, Clucky Hen, Wexford Farmers Co-op, LK Motors Enniscorthy and also everyone who gave prizes for the tombola.
Many thanks to the principal and staff of Gurteen Agricultural College for the use of their premises and help. Also to our Judges, Stewards and the exhibitors without them we would have no show.
Again greatful thanks to all.
National Show Catalogues
There is a limited amount of Catalogues from the National Show if you would like one please contact:
They are €3 each plus postage.
A reminder to everyone who won trophies at last year's show to bring them with them to the show this year.
Trade Stands at National Show
If your business would like to have a trade stand at our National Show, please contact us at email@example.com
A stand is €25 for the day.
Please note that there are no sales of birds at the show.
I.S.P.F. 25th National Show
Our 25th National Show will will be held in Gurteen Agricultural College, Ballingarry, Roscrea, Co. Tipperary on Saturday the 18th of February 2012.
Members will have their show schedules and entry forms sent out to them by post. They are also available on the website on the Upcoming Shows & Sales page but you must be a member of the Society to be able to enter birds in the show. If you would like to join the Society, you can download a Membership Form on the Contact Us page.
There is food and toilets on site and free car parking. The show hall will be open to the public as soon as judging is finished. It is €5 for the public to go into the show hall. There will also be a raffle on the day with great prizes! Tell all your poultry friends as it will be a day to have a look at some of Ireland's finest poultry and waterfowl on display. We will have some trade stands also, named above.
The upstairs room will be available to exhibitors and the public during the Show as a space to sit and chat while Judging is going on.
You can also get your birds photographed on the day too. Have them looking all pretty!
Here is a map of how to get to Gurteen College.
Any donations of prizes for the Raffle will be gratefully received and can be handed in to Patricia Swandel on the morning of the Show.
Thank you in advance.
***There are no birds allowed for sale at the show. Gurteen is a working agricultural college.***
Penning & Boxing Up Birds
This year we are adopting a new system for Penning and Boxing Up of Birds.
All Birds on arrival are to be carried into the Show Hall in suitable boxes. These Boxes can be stored in the Hall under the trestle tables or in the nearest available space.
At Boxing Up time this year, brought forward to 3.30p.m., ALL birds to be removed from cages, boxes and NO exhibitor to leave the Hall until all birds are accounted for. Then the Show Manager will announce 'You May Go Now.'
This system is in everyone's interest and means that no birds will be left in cages and forgotten about as in previous years.
We would very much appreciate your help in dropping the cages and we thank you in advance for your co-operation with this system.
All Junior and Intermediate Entries must be caged by the person named on the Entry Form as the Exhibitor.
I.S.P.F. Embroidered Badge
Irish Society of Poultry Fanciers Fabric Logo available at €10 each plus .55c postage from Jenny Nolan (051) 384849
News Letter Articles
Do you have a story to tell about your poultry? If you would be interested in writing an article, you could have it on our News Letter and Website. Anything poultry related can be sent to Editior Marian Fallon at:
Northern Mite Alert
It has been noted at a few of the summer shows that some birds are carrying Northern Mite. Always inspect your birds before they go into a show and treat them after. Any birds carrying lice or mites may be ignored or disqualified by the judge.
I.S.P.F. on Facebook
The Irish Society of Poultry Fanciers are now on Facebook. For those of you who don't know what Facebook is, it is a social networking site where you can talk to people from anywhere in the world. It also have groups on it like ours for anyone to see.
Here is a step by step guide on how to use it.
1. You must have a valid email address. (Free email addresses can be got from msn messenger)
2. Here is a link to the website www.facebook.com
3. Click on 'Welcome to Facebook', this will lead you to the 'Sign Up' area.
4. Fill in all personal details on the left of the page and click 'Sign Up'.
5. You will then be registered with Facebook, they will send an email to your email account with a link that you muct click on. This will then bring you back to your Facebook profile. You will then be completely registered with Facebook.
6. At the top of your 'Profile Page', there is a search box. Type in 'IrishSocietyPoultryFanciers'. This will lead you to our page. You must then add us as a friend and await friend confirmation which will take a day.
7. After Friend Confirmation has taken place, you are now free to post on our Wall, ask questions and look at our pictures and generally just enjoy the Page!!
Don't forget to tell all your Facebook friends about it!!
WATCH OUT - THERE'S A THIEF ABOUT
· Nirvana Wholesale Perpetual Shield (Best Dutch)
· The Swandal Bowl (Best Faverolle)
· The Jean Wall Tankard (Best Sussex)
· Perpetual Trophy (Best Orpington)
· Courtney Perpetual Trophy Best Silkie at I.S.P.F. National & Silkie Regional Show
· Smyth Perpetual Trophy (Best Opposite Size Silkie)
· Silkie Club Under 18 Perpetual Trophy Best Young Exhibitor at I.S.P.F. National Show
· Rich Howlin Perpetual Cup (Best Campine)
· Welsummer Club Trophy (Best Welsummer)
· Petmania Trophy (Best Call)
· Duiske Crystal Trophy (Best Rosecomb)
· Bramble Timber Company Perpetual Cup (Best Poland)
· Maran Club Trophy (Best Maran)
· Peter O’Loughlin Trophy (Best Sebright)
· Fallon Family Perpetual Shield (Best Pekin)
· First Stop Poultry Shop Perpetual Cup (Best Rhode Island Red)
· Kinsella’s Of Killeen’s Perpetual Shield (Best Barneverlder)
· Mary Flemming Perpetual Cup (Best Cochin)
· Downe Family Perpetual Cup (Best Barbu D’Anver)
· Gormley Family Perpetual Plate (Best Wyandotte)
· Boylan Family Perpetual Cup (Best Brahma)
· I.S.P.F. Trophy (Best Modern Game)
· R.T.B. Robinson Memorial Trophy (Best Old English Game Bantam)
· I.S.P.F. Waterfowl Points Cup Donated By A & G McKee
· Brian Molloy Memorial Trophy (Best Hard Feather Bantam
· I.S.P.F. Shield (Best Hard Feather Large)
· Dingle Poultry and Farm Supplies (Best Heavy Soft Feather Bantam)
· Michael Fitzgibbon Memorial Trophy (Best Light Soft Feather Large
· Fr. Tom Wallace Memorial Trophy (Best Light Soft Feather Bantam)
· I.S.P.F. Shield (Best True Bantam)
· Wexford Farmers Co Op (Best Rare Breed)
· P.J. Hegarty and Sons (Best Waterfowl)
· P.J. Hegarty and Sons (Best Intermediate)
· Justin Bulter Memorial Trophy (Under 14)
· I.S.P.F. Trophy (Best Eggs)
· I.S.P.F. First Time Exhibitor
· I.S.P.F. Shield (Best In Show)